Friday 11 May 2007

Coming out as a Nijmeegse



O.k. there is no point maintaining my mysterious blogging persona any longer. I'm living in Nijmegen - a rather inconsequential town in the Netherlands between Amsterdam and Antwerp. I didn't want to talk about Nijmegen or even the Netherlands in particular because I didn't want this to be so much an expat blog but more of a travel blog. Being as it is, inconsequential it is hard not to start to feel fond of Nijmegen, so I thought I might blog about it. The travel blog will continue.

Thus the lovely pictures of my local 'botanical gardens' (quotes because they're rather more modest that what you might have in mind as a botanical garden). This patch of land was extremely unimpressive until recently but now that spring has sprung though there are new flowers popping up almost every day - and don't those European plants look so much happier in their home country - happily growing in the almost permanent light rain. I tried to capture the yellow water irises but alas, they don't look nearly as impressive in the picture.

That's all for now about Nijmegen, I have to gush about Antwerp, my new love - but Nijmegen will be back - like a commercial, between travel blogs as it isn't nearly as dull as it seems on the surface.

No comments: