Sunday 7 October 2007

The blog is back!

(photo: Strasbourg Yiddish course)

Yes, the blog is back. And why? Well immediately, because I was just reading David Byrne's 'journal' on his web site and thinking "This is really dull. I could so do better". Alright you can't be talented at everything - but come on David spice it up! (love the radio station though...). Less immediately, the nights are coming earlier, Richard's away, I'm in Nijmegen and that's how it's going to be for at least a month.
Things haven't been very blog-friendly for a fair while. To put it frankly my life has been quite exciting, and even when I've been in Nijmegen there's been nice warm light evenings to go for bike rides and at the very least Rich, who can be very entertaining. So yes, boredom spawns blogging. Bring on the boredom!
Which begs the question - what to blog about? I last blogged on the 30th of May so the blog-drought pretty much corresponds to the four months June-September, which is what they call summer around here. Actually to give the climate credit we did turn the heating off for four months and didn't feel cold. But not all the usual summer vibes were felt - at least not very consistently. Thus the most recent holiday to Marseilles/Barcelona/Girona.
But before we get to the topic of holidays and other excuses for galavanting around, I think it might be worth starting another post. Rather than go into depth on all the various summer happenings and not get around to all of them, I'm going to give you a whirlwind tour of this past summer. After complaining about poor David's blog, I'm going to have to try and make mine snazzy - but then I don't have so many fans to satisfy.

1 comment:

joe cupcake said...

yay the blog is back!!!!
and so is the excessive use of exclamation marks. i used to hate them! but now i like them! i blame text messages....